- Ken Liu – from short stories to an epic fantasy quartet!
- Writing habits
- Lisette’s Paris Notebook
- Hanging Out
- Magenta McPhee
- Mimi and the Blue Slave
- The Wish Pony
- Being Bee
- His Name in Fire
- Millie and the Night Heron
- Marriage for Beginners
- The Airdancer of Glass
- Rain May and Captain Daniel
- Painted Love Letters
- The Year It All Happened
- A Dangerous Girl
- The Vigilant Heart
- The Hodgepodge, a writer’s journal
Posts by category
- Category: Latest news
- Why you should gobble up Shirley Jackson’s work…
- Rebecca in 5 Bites
- Jane Eyre in 5 bites
- Books in 5 Bites – a series on books you should read and the reasons why.
- What I’m reading…
- From Saint-Hilaire to Snow Daisy-bushes, Proust Project 2
- Trouser suits and infashuation.
- Staying the distance
- Monsieur Proust, Memory and the Truffle
- Me Made May
- Raining outside and in
- And that’s a wrap
- Too sad
- Random thoughts from an anxious week
- The Pursuit of Happiness
- Post-Lockdown Ants in Doc Martens
- Saturday at Through the Looking Glass
- From the book stacks
- Franny and Zooey
- Literary Feasts and other musings.
- Murder and Other Brainwaves
- Teaching poetry in schools, a mini-review and an invitation.
- Genre Bending – notes from Continuum 15
- Three Take-away Tips from Narrative Structure and Expectations – Kate Elliott
- Five Points from the World Building and Infrastructure Panel – Continuum 15, Other Worlds.
- Creating Stories from Objects
- Five Questions to Ask of Your Characters
- Women’s Prize for Fiction 2019 – Longlist announced!
- Three Easy Ways to Amp up Descriptions of Place
- Revisiting the Greeks
- Book club woes!
- Debts… – inspiration on a Tuesday
- Inspo Monday
- A mini-review – Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders
- Inspo Monday on a Tuesday
- Monday Inspo
- Inspo Monday
- The months whizzing by
- Continuum 14
- Writer’s Block, Anxiety and Beyond
- Keeping records…
- Week One – May Gibbs, Creative Time Fellowship
- News and a mini-review, Cold Pastoral by Rebecca Dunham.
- Books read
- Riddle me this…
- Art, Anxiety and a Long Walk – a review of sorts.
- Mini-review – The Art of Slow Writing by Louise DeSalvo, 2014
- Making a Creative Life
- My Reader’s Journal continued
- A Writer’s Masterclass
- Introducing the Gabriele 25.
- Decided on my New Year intention already!
- Re-discovering the Benefits of a Writing Residency
- Clifden, Galway and a memory of my father
- Wild and Woolly
- Clifden Arts Week
- Yeats and an Airbnb disaster in Dublin
- A Night with John le Carré, George Smiley and Ms Hospitality.
- Secondary Worlds and Cityscapes – Continuum Convention, Part 3
- From Ballads to Gaslight
- Continuum Convention 13 – the first course.
- Me and John Berryman
- Beautiful Failures.
- 2017 – Resolutions
- Field Trips
- Re-imagining Yourself
- Revision tips.
- Tea and Empathy
- The Memoir Salon
- Oh my goodness – it’s Spring!
- What’s new – good question!
- To fragment. Or not. The question.
- The Beats
- Writing Habits
- A rose by any other name…
- This Reading Year…
- After the chaos of Christmas…
- The Masked Ball